22 April 2010
Vacation Photo Teaser & Scattered Thoughts
* I know I've been holding out on the Kenya photos/stories, but I have just been so busy! I really hope that this post marks my return to the blogging world. I miss it loads, but I just don't want it to be a procrastination tool. Anyway, the photo above is a little teaser. It's the first photo I took on our trip: the view out of our airplane window while flying over the Alps. Unreal, right?
* No trip to Edinburgh, thanks to Eyjafjallajokull. But I think it's for the best because I would have been really stressed out during the rest of the week had I gone.
* My earbuds broke while running on Monday. The wire had been fraying for sometime but five minutes into my run the last piece decided to snap and there they went! I'm finding it a bit depressing walking around, working, studying, and running without music or audiobooks. Last night I came home to find a pair of earbuds hanging from my bedroom door handle. My housemate James had left them for me to use. Isn't that nice? I think so. I'm in a better mood this morning because I know I'll get to hear more of Nineteen Minutes, my current audiobook.
* Kate Nash released a new album yesterday!!! I was excited, but I've listened to a few samples, and so far I've only realllly liked one of them... I'm not sure whether or not I should buy it. It seems a bit too mellow or something, but maybe I should give it a try. Decisions, decisions...
* School is pretty crazy, but I think I'm getting into the swing of it. I've been quite productive the past few days. Thank goodness. Hopefully I keep it up!
* Oh, I started my new job on Monday. It's really good, I'm enjoying it. My co-workers are really nice, and the work is sometimes slightly monotonous (which will be amended by my having a listening device again!) but some of the work is interesting and fun.
Enough procrastinating for now, I think. I woke up this morning at 6:45 and did my reading for today's Metaphysics & Epistemology seminar, so I thought, "Hey, I've gotten a lot done. Time for some blogging." Anyway, sorry for the long post. I need to write more often so I don't force huge amounts of text on my readers! Love you all ;.)
P.S. The weather this week is GORGEOUS!!! If it is where you live too, don't forget to appreciate it!