22 September 2010

scattered {back from england} thoughts

My ramblings today will be brief because, at 9:30pm, I am soooo ready for bed. I wasn't feeling too jetlagged last night - I even drove home - but today I'm definitely feeling it. It has seemed like bedtime since I woke up!

It's good to be home though. My mom and her boyfriend completely cleaned my room before I got here. They vacuumed & hand dusted the whole place (which, having hard wood floors, gets very dusty), & washed all my bedding, including my pillows & duvet, & even the cushions on the crates I have set up under my window (to look like a bench). That took lots off my to-do list & made getting under the covers so snuggly, even on my first night back.

I saw my friend Rachel today, which was fabulous. We ate strawberries & caught up on life. Then I ran some errands, met my mom for a salad wrap lunch, unpacked a bit, went on a jog, & made dinner. Whew, what a full day! I still have more unpacking to do, & I need to clear some closet/drawer space before Jonty arrives next week. And, of course, I need to start the job hunt, but we'll save that topic for another day.

Tomorrow is my birthday. I must say, turning 23 is a lot weirder than turning 22. Or 21, for that matter. I think it's going to be an exciting year. Considering it's completely up in the air, it must be, eh? My plans for tomorrow are pretty low key. During the day, I'll hang out with my mom. We plan to make omelette wraps & head to the park. She wants to go shopping for a present for me, but I'm not really interested in stuff, so hopefully I can persuade her to just hang out in the nice weather & read & relax. Maybe even whip out the nail polish, if we start feeling frisky. Then, in the evening food & a drink with friends. I'm having a soiree of sorts on Saturday (more on that later - I'm excited about the menu!), so I'm not doing anything big. I didn't even really invite anyone, just threw a last minute post up on Facebook telling people that if they're free & want to help me celebrate another year to let me know. I haven't even decided where to go yet. Hopefully, it will work out to be a fun day.

That's all for now. I seriously need to sleep. For like ten hours. Night!

<3

P.S. My mom just texted me this from the other room: "I want an alligator sandwich. And make it snappy." Oh, how I love being home.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you made it safe and sound! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. every bit of food is in a wrap it seems?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Job Snob!

    david, I assume you're referring to having a wrap for lunch here and the Vietnamese salad rolls below? I do like my food in a wrap, actually.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love coffee. And both keep me going! <3