02 November 2010

Leftover Turkey Soup

My mom cooked a turkey breast in the slow cooker the other day. (It's so easy! Just defrost, then throw it in the slow cooker before you leave for work. We add some garlic too.) Last night, we had lots of leftover turkey and not a lot of ideas for dinner. So I threw a soup together that turned out amazing! Here's how it went.

Ingredients:

1 12 oz can of chopped tomatoes
1 cup water
3 carrots, sliced
2 zucchinis, sliced
4 cups chopped kale
2 cups diced turkey breast
Broth from turkey breast (I saved the juice that was left when we took the turkey out of the slow cooker)
1 tbsp chopped garlic (= about 2 cloves fresh)
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt
Pepper

Throw all ingredients, except the kale & turkey, into a big pot on the stove. Cover & cook on high for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add kale & turkey, then cover & cook for 30 minutes. Enjoy!

<3

1 comment:

  1. Yum! That soup sounds delish. How is everything going back in California? Have you found a job? Do you miss the UK? Have you and Jonty figured out "the plan?".
    So many questions!
    I hope you're doing fantastic!
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love coffee. And both keep me going! <3