08 December 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies



Today, I have a new favorite cookie. Second only to the Snickerdoodle, in my book, is the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookie. I had some extra pumpkin puree & wanted to cheer up a friend, so I searched the nets for a cookie recipe & found this great one. Below is my amended version. They turned out so amazing! I rarely bake, but I definitely see myself making several more batches of these while pumpkins are still in season!

Ingredients:
2 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 egg
2 cups whole wheat flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon milk
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (Next time, I'm trying cinnamon chips!)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional - I didn't put walnuts in this batch, but I think I will in the next one!)

Directions:
1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, & egg. In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, salt, & milk. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture & mix well.
2. Add vanilla, chocolate chips, & nuts.
3. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet (leave room between each spoonful - these puppies really grow!) & bake at 350 degree F (175 degrees C) for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown & firm.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I love coffee. And both keep me going! <3