14 January 2010

Ten Reasons I'm Happy to be in Bristol

On Monday, I hopped on a flight to London. The flight was pretty good. It was long, of course (about ten hours), but I made friends with the guy next to me and we chatted for hours. We also pressed play on our movie at the same time (well, not quite at the same time--we had to do a hilarious series of pressing play and pausing and rewinding and fast forwarding) and watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs together. On Tuesday (eight hour time difference, plus ten hour flight), Jonty picked me up at the airport and we headed to Bristol together. Since then, I've been unpacking, studying, running errands, cooking, eating, & watching Lost with Jonty. I'm missing my family and friends at home, but here are ten reasons I'm happy to be back:

1. Snow. It snowed on Tuesday night, & everything looks really pretty. Thankfully too, it will all be melting soon.
2. Routine. I'm getting back into my daily/weekly routines, & there's something so very wonderful about that.
3. Work. I was freaking out about the fact that I got very little studying done over break. Now that I'm back (& in my routine), I'm getting more done!
4. Friends. I didn't realize how much I missed my friends here (philosophy buddies & housemates) until I saw them again. They really are great people to be around. And my philosophy pals assured me that I'm not the only one who was unproductive over break, which ceased my freaking out stage.
5. Walking. Transportation by way of my own legs is the best. I hate driving to get everywhere, plus walking up & down Bristol's hills is a great workout!
6. Cooking. I get to choose my own meals & make my own food again! While I like that at home I can sometimes not think about what's for dinner & cop out of cooking if I've had a long day, I really prefer to plan & cook my own food. That way, I can control my amount of fruits & veggies, eat healthy when I want & splurge when I want, etc.
7. Philosophy. Back to school means more seminars, conferences, & reading groups to exercise my brain.
8. English foods. English cheddar, English breakfast, Cornish pasties, etc.
9. Lost. Jonty & I had to take a month-long break of our five-season Lost marathon. We watched two episodes last night and will finish Season Four (two episodes left) tonight or tomorrow.
10. Jonty. Greatest guy ever. Enough said.

It's good to be back.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I love coffee. And both keep me going! <3