04 October 2010

Worry Wort

For the next couple of days, I'm in Portland, Oregon visiting my little (20-year-old) sister. (We call each other Sissa.) Anyway, my sissa & I were chatting before bed last night, & she made a remark that was exactly what I needed to hear in a way that only she can. She told me that I worry too much.

I worry too much.

I'm sure we can all say that about ourselves, to some extent or other. But lately, worry has really been affecting my life: my mood, my happiness, & my productivity. Starting today, I want to concentrate on clearing my mind of unfounded stress, of problems that I just can't solve, & of responsibility for other people who can & do take care of themselves. We all deserve to cross a few worries off our list.

Also, the lovely Persis over at Miles of Style posted this quote today, & it did its job of inspiring me. I'm usually not one to re-post, at least not this quickly, but I really wanted to share.

"Bunkum and tummyrot! You'll never get anywhere if you go about what-iffing like that. Would Columbus have discovered America if he had said, "What if I sink on the way over? What if I meet pirates? What if I never come back?' He wouldn't even have started."  -Willy Wonka, Charlie & the Great Glass Elevator

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I love coffee. And both keep me going! <3