02 February 2010

Quite a Quote: Motivation

"Then indecision brings its own delays, and days are lost lamenting over lost days. Are you in earnest? Seize this very minute; what you can do, or dream you can do, begin it; boldness has genious, power, and magic in it. Only engage, and then the mind grows heated. Begin it and the work will be completed." --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Isn't this quote incredibly motivating? A friend posted it as her Facebook status a few weeks ago, and now every time I'm having trouble getting started on something I read it. I even wrote it on a sheet of paper and stuck it on the wall in one of the Grad Center study rooms. A few of my friends have remarked on it, and yesterday I saw a girl I don't know copying it into a notebook.

It's almost 11am and I've yet to start working. I worked so hard last week and especially this past weekend, and yesterday I was pretty beat. But I found out that the deadline for one of my essays was extended, so last night I decided to walk home before dark (a big deal), make a proper meal, do some non-work things like clean and watch House, and get to bed early. I must admit I didn't get to bed as early as I hoped, but it was still really nice to have a stress-less evening. But now, despite the extension, I really need to get back to work so I can get these essays in. I'm insistent that I take as little of the extension as possible. So I've read and re-read the above quote, and hopefully now I'll start being productive!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I love coffee. And both keep me going! <3