06 February 2011

Italian Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms


This delicious dish is made with real Italians. They're easy to catch but hard to tie down. For this recipe, they can be served diced or shredded.

Do you believe me?

I thought not.

Okay, here's the real scoop: This dish takes ten minutes & is ridiculously tasty!

Ingredients:
Portobello mushroom(s)
Leftover bread (or pre-made breadcrumbs)
Marinara sauce (leftover, jarred, or make some from scratch)
Roasted garlic (I got mine from the olive bar at Whole Foods Market. You can do the same, buy it jarred or fresh from a farmer's market, or make your own.)
Cheese (I chose grated mozzarella. Something Italian works best - fontina, parmesan, asiago, etc.)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Grab a portobello mushroom, pull out the stem, & wipe it clean with a damp cloth.
3. Toast some leftover bread, then crumble into a bowl (or use pre-made breadcrumbs).
4. Toss into the bowl: marinara sauce & diced roasted garlic (I got mine from the olive bar at Whole Foods Market).
5. Mix.
6. Spread the mix into the mushroom.
7. Top with grated cheese.
8. Throw in the oven for 13-15 minutes.
9. Enjoy! Goes great with red wine, or, in my case, a yummy Canadian triple-distilled golden ale called Le Fin du Monde.

<3

P.S. Next time, I'm trying this recipe!

2 comments:

  1. Oh YUM! That looks delish. I posted a blog on my eats today too! Whole wheat homemade pizza.

    I have to try that dish you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm looks delicious! I love roasted garlic. My sister and I buy some every time we got to the market on Granville Island. I'll have to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love coffee. And both keep me going! <3